Tuesday, July 24, 2012

No Cheating!


Madison and Ba-Ba were playing cards again - this seems to be Madison's favorite activity when they arrive.  Ba-Ba doesn't let anything slip, so no cheating!  Although Madison had better pay close attention herself:  one time she marched over to the kitchen and announced to all of us, "Ba-Ba is cheating!"

Daddy had an endoscopy, which isn't pronounced exactly like you'd think it would be.  They drained 70 cc's of fluid out of a cyst that was around/nearby my pancreas, although I won't know any specifics about my condition until later.  Although 70 cc's sounds impressive, I think we measured it to be around 1/3 a cup.  Which makes me think, why can't all medical measurements be like that?  Doctors could add two cups of medicine with a pinch of iodine, and stir vigorously.  Actually, the unit of measurement "cc" is pretty much a milliliter.  Which would make things simpler too, wouldn't they?  If you're already on the metric system with "cubic centimeters," why not make the simple jump to an appropriate measurement of volume, the milliliter?

So anyway, they put a camera down my throat.  Way down my throat.  To my pancreas, wherever that is exactly...  and then it was drained.  All this was done while I was fast asleep.  I woke up and didn't feel any differently, to be honest.  Except the groggy part.

Hopefully we'll see an end to this chapter soon, as it's somewhat old and somewhat dull.  The pain gets on my nerves more than it actually hurts.  It's an annoying throb - which would be an excellent name for a rock band:  "The Annoying Throb."

Work has been great about letting me go off and have adventures at the hospital.  And so has Mommy. She stayed with me the whole time, although she didn't watch the procedure itself.  I'm not sure if anyone other than the staff there could handle that.  I mean, yuk!

Today was in fact a pretty massive work day.  Lots to do in order to go on vacation!  I got to skype with Mommy and Madison just before bed - also with Nana and Ba-Ba too.  It was a pretty late night at work, but I got a lot done.

MEANWHILE, Madison is having a great time with Nana and Ba-Ba.  They've been playing games together, and she and Velcro have been really hitting it off as well.  Ballet camp continued today too - again with a little tap.  And very little air conditioning.  Seriously, it's like 90 degrees in there.  But Madison is having a very fun time with everyone, and drinking lots of fluids too.

All in all, today was a pretty mundane sort of day.  Oh yeah, everybody did go to Goodwill this afternoon, which is always a big treat for the gang.  I have no idea what was purchased, but I'm sure it was bought at a great discount.  Tuesdays are Goodwill days for senior citizens, so Nana and Ba-Ba are obliged to make that journey each Tuesday they're up here.  It's a pilgrimage!

It has been ridiculously hot outside.  Nothing to do outside but go inside, which is generally a good strategy.  I employed it all day.  The weather looks like it might change by the weekend, which cannot get here soon enough - in more ways than one.  But still, tomorrow has something exciting later on in the evening...


No comments:

Post a Comment