Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kindergarten Safari

Daddy finally got to see Madison again, and what a sweet reunion it was.  Daddy has been longing to be home again, and longing to see Madison.  This has been the longest we've been apart, nearly a week's time.  There are so many little things you miss. And big things too.  Speaking of missing something, tonight was another big event at Madison's new kindergarten school:


Kindergarten Safari!  Daddy didn't get to attend tonight, as his recent health problems prohibited me from things like basic movement.  This was a shame, because he really wanted to go!

At least Mommy was there. She and Madison went to a kindergarten orientation of sorts, located at her new school just down the road from us.  Madison had a great time - she created the artwork you see above.  She met new friends and teachers, and Mommy got to learn a little about the new school we'll be sending Madison to.

They're trying a new thing by allowing handheld iPads and computers, which we're entirely in support of.  Sure, games and things like that can get you off track.  But this next generation had better be able to deal with this sort of technology, and not be that behind.  At least not as behind as Mommy and Daddy currently feel!

Daddy is home again.  The total stay in the hospital was six days.  Again, I had never stayed in a hospital before - at least not for anything related to my health.  Now, all of the sudden I'm there for six days?  That was a serious setback.  The prescription from this point on is to watch what I eat - the quantity that is.  It seems that eating a little too much causes severe pain in... wait for it... my shoulder.  Don't ask me why sharp pains persist in my shoulder after eating.  That's one of those mysteries of the human body!

The other thing needed is lots of rest.  Despite this, Daddy plans on going in to work and taking it easy.  I've been restless, sitting and doing nothing.  But that's just the way it's supposed to be, I think.  We're supposed to stop thinking, stop moving, stop doing.  The body needs time to heal, and hopefully I can give it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment