Saturday, April 28, 2012

Class of 2025

As stated earlier, life does go on outside of the hospital - although you wouldn't know it at first by the look of things.  Case in point:  I had no idea the temperature had dropped to the freezing point outside.  Literally, huge snowstorms further up north, and down here, falling temperatures that endangered our crops.  Mommy covered up our small garden, and says it looks like it survived the drop well enough - how funny that we just planted this last week?


Today we got Madison's graduation pictures back, and they look absolutely wonderful.  We made a lot of copies, including the 8X10 that Daddy scanned here for you to see.  Look how grown-up she appears here!  I'll hold back all criticisms of the photography studio in this entry because this one picture simply amazes me.  Want to hear another amazing thing?  "Look out world, here comes the Class of 2025!"  That's right, Madison is a part of the Class of 2025, registered to start kindergarten next year - and already learning from her rubric.  Mommy and Daddy take that stuff seriously!

Madison and Daddy have been talking on the phone, but this has been the longest we've been apart - ever.  That's kind of depressing, and even more depressing is that I can't do any sort of horseplay with her when I get out.  No Daddy-back rides or tackles or any such thing.

Madison's graduation walk is scheduled for next Sunday after church, and Daddy should be well enough to attend that one.  I'd be in a wheelchair if I needed one though:  that's something I don't want to miss.  The recitals are coming up too, which are also not to miss.  There's so much going on that first week of May - it's crazy!

At 10:00 pm, and completely unexpected, they took me downstairs for yet another CT Scan.  This time it was the lungs and arteries around that area.  As mentioned earlier, it's been difficult to breath, so the assumption was that they were looking into that.  But there hasn't been any communication from the doctor that said, "Hey, this is why we're doing this or that."  Also, lots of blood samples drawn.  My poor arm looks like a pin cushion!  I could easily play a drug user in some video, and we wouldn't need any special make-up.

Hospital hours keep you up at all times pretty much.  This is first time Daddy has ever spent the night in a hospital, and it has turned into six days here.  It's almost like a vacation.  Minus the fun part.  Although visitors and family help out a lot in that department.  There have been a steady stream of visitors to cheer me up, for which I am very grateful.  And always there is Mommy, faithfully seeing to my needs better than any nurse.

Although I must say that the staff here has been very quick to help me out.  I'm not a fussy sort when it comes to customer service - although I do want that pain medication pretty quick!  In any event, we've had a lot of favor here for the most part, with a great staff that goes out of their way to make sure that I've been as comfortable as I could be, all things considered.

I'm on the fifth floor, looking out the window.  Waiting to get out.  No matter how many books or movies you get, there's still a lot of restlessness inside screaming, "Get me out of here!"  I took a walk or two today (making sure the hospital gown was tied well in the back!).  It's amazing how that depletes your energy though.  Still, it was good to be up and about.  Cannot wait to have the IV not in my arm anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment