Friday, February 26, 2010

Ice Princess


Madison hasn't seen much of the Vancouver Olympic Games this year, but she did get to watch the beautiful gold medal skating performance of Kim Yu-Na. It was a replay on the computer, one that Madison watched a couple times. Look at her holding Mommy's glasses, as if she just took them off in amazement.


It really was an incredible performance. I suppose it is safe to say I've never really understood or appreciated figure skating until this moment. It was so graceful and fluid, unlike anything I've ever seen. Madison and I were impressed, at least! It made me wonder if it is too late to find an ice skating rink to take her to somewhere near. I know there's one down in Gwinnett County, and I also know the temperature is still pretty cold at night time. Maybe Daddy will start coaching her towards a gold medal!

Actually, at three, I imagine Daddy will be hunched over the entire trip around the rink, holding her up and making sure there's a lot of back pain medication for the trip home - oy!

Anyway, we'll watch some more of the Games this evening, after Madison has gone to bed. Shortly before that, Daddy was reading to her a bit from various books. We've got several Rolie Polie Olie books, and a few more Jan Brett Books, including:

MADISON'S BOOK CLUB


"On Noah's Ark," is one of two books I've been reading to Madison lately about the story of Noah's Ark. It's fun having her point out the animals as I call them ("Where's the giraffe?"), and it is also satisfying getting to teach her a Bible story. The artwork is Jan Brett, so therefore it is really wonderful to look at. The words are short and sweet, which give us time to have fun looking at all the artwork on each page. It's a marvelous book, really. AND, it's easy to identify with as of late, with all the rain pouring down.

Of course, we've got a dry forecast coming up next week and warmer weather, which is nice. Maybe we'll get to climb out of the house and go play somewhere. If we get that chance, I know just the place:


No comments:

Post a Comment