Thursday, March 21, 2024

Jot

Thursday!  We’re continuing this book, “Star Wars:  From a Certain Point of View,” and it seems as if some of these short stories are retconning some possible plot holes that people have noticed over the years.  Tonight’s short story was about Jot, a Jawa, and why he didn’t wipe the memory of R2-D2 when the jawas first captured that droid.  It’s an interesting story, for more reasons than that – this one explores the life of a jawa somewhat, and that’s fun.   How great if the jawa’s name was Jinky, the name of the jawa character Maddie portrayed on the KidPak stage a few years ago.  We have a special place in our heart for jawas.  Some may think they’re filthy creatures, but we love ‘em!  Tonight's jawa inadvertently does something that saves the galaxy, so let's celebrate little Jot.  In fact, let's name the road we live on after his taking down of the Empire - "Jot-em-Down!"

 

Yeah, that was bad.  Anyway, it was a good day today.  Great weather outside, cool and sunny.  We rode over to taekwondo and that was fun for Maddie.  She did another aerial tonight, something she hasn’t attempted in a little bit.  She was happy about that.

 

She had some fun in her calculus class today, which is an odd thing to mention, but she was talking about her classmates acting a little zany, and perhaps her teacher too.  In Maddie’s words, they were acting a bit like second-graders.  And speaking of which, she was in Chestatee again today of course, and it was there that she ran into another one of her teachers there:

 

So you know how I said I was never gonna see Mrs Clark cause she was on the other side of the school and I’d never run into her? Yeah we ran into each other. She looked at me to make sure it was me then was like “remember me?” And I looked and was like “Oh! Hi Mrs Clark!” And she was like “hi Maddie!” It was so nice lol

 

Tho I remembered her being taller than she was actually. Like every other teacher seemed to be the height I remembered or a little taller since it’s been a few years but she’s basically my height (maybe like an inch taller)

 

Maddie had some of the pre-calculus homework tonight, so that occupied much of her time.  But we read, and we prayed.  Beyond that, I was busy today, teaching our message about Pharaoh and the Ten Plagues over at the elementary school.  We were working on Summer Xtreme and Easter of course.  Mom’s been working with Easter costuming, and trying to recover as best she can.  I’ve been getting her some medication to help with her cough, and tonight I was sleeping on the couch again, giving her some space.  I had this same cough, and it’s ridonculous!

 

Anyway, it’s was a good day.  Time to get some sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment