Saturday, January 27, 2024

Unlucky Bystander

So today was a sick day for sure.  I'm officially "not good."  Things sort of went from mildly bad to more bad today, so we just stayed home - and again, there was no Team Edge this morning because Maddie's instructor is also sick.  So it's going around, whatever "it" is.  Mom says she had this back in November, and I remember that.  Maddie had it earlier, I think, right after our vacation, although not to the extent of Mom and I.  Things aren't so bad that I'm not functional indoors - I just can't move around so much.  So I sat and played video games all day pretty much with Maddie.  Yep, we had one of "those" days, long overdue.  Some may say that's a wasted day, but a day playing video games with your daughter is a great time and a great memory.  We played this game for hours!


We were in LEGO Jurassic World, on the hunt for every hidden item we could find, and we almost got finished, actually.  I believe we're at 99.2%.  It's been fun exploring and redoing levels and trying to figure things out for ourselves without looking them up online for answers.  We've actually figured out everything on our own this time, although some have been tougher puzzles.  It's been fun playing as all the different characters too, sometimes opting for the more and more useless characters such as "UNLUCKY BYSTANDER."  



He's got not discernible skills.  And his screenwriting skills are questionable too.  We did a little research on this character, whose name is literally "Unlucky Bystander."  Apparently, it's a cameo by the screenwriter of "Jurassic Park:  The Lost World."  Fortunately, in the movie he is eaten, which explains why the movies got better after that sequel.


Other seemingly useless characters are "INGEN INVESTOR" and "DONALD GENARO."  Those two are fun to play as a combo because their weapon of choice is a briefcase that they swing around to defend against attacking reptiles.  The briefcase combo attack is lethal!  They can't be used for much else, but that's the kind of random fun we were having today.  It'll be bittersweet when we get to 100%.


Tomorrow we'll finish up, because today, I told Camille that we're not coming to KidPak tomorrow.  For one, I'm not well.  And really that's all that's needed to know - I don't want to get anyone else sick and I don't know how far I can push things on stage anyway.  


So the last day of the fast is today, although I wasn't terribly hungry throughout the day.  Maddie, Mom and I just had some soup and sort of hung out here.  Maddie was doing some things on her computer, and we all bathed and sort of cleaned up a little around the house.  


We read tonight, and I was too tired and/or unwell to go down to her room this evening.  We prayed, and she left to her room as I tried to get some sleep.  It was a longer night, but I know I don't have to get up earlier in the morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment