Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Rain Again

Rain again today, and we need it of course, but it's this cold miserable rain that makes it even less appealing to be outside.  Or drive outside.  Mom and I don't like driving outside at night in the rain.  Fortunately, we weren't doing that tonight, as we had the night off, so to speak.  No taekwondo or FCY.  It was movie night, and we concluded the "Mighty Ducks" trilogy with a viewing of part three.  It's a step down from the previous three, but it certainly has its moments, and it's good to be with most of the original crew again.  I was thinking we could watch the television series again after this, but they've inexplicably taken it off the streaming service, and so now there's no way to actually watch the recent Mighty Ducks television series.  Glad we saw season one while we could, I guess.


Anyway, Maddie was at Chestatee Elementary today, once again.  I was writing a lot today - we got a new message for Summer Xtreme done, the usual stuff for this weekend, and even wrote a few more radio ads for a car dealership not far from here.  Last year I wrote some radio ads that John Smoltz read, which was kind of cool.  I'm also writing some for the current third base coach for the Atlanta Braves.


***********************************************


Hey there, this is ___________, third base coach for your Atlanta Braves.  If there’s one thing I love about being at third base, it’s sending folks home with a big win.   That’s why I’m excited to give you the sign right now to go to Lake Hartwell Chevrolet in Toccoa.  This winning team delivers quality customer service, and they won’t balk when it comes to giving you the best deals on a great selection of Silverados, HD2500’s and SUVs.  And their service department is the best in the league, a friendly staff of talented all-stars that will keep you going with a great drive every time.  If you want to be a winner, do what I did, and visit my friends at Lake Hartwell Chevrolet, Big A Road in Toccoa.  And tell them Coach ______ sent you!


***********************************************


Hey there, this is _______.  As third base coach for the Atlanta Braves, players count on me to tell them when to stop and when to go with a big winning play.  

That’s why I can’t wait to tell you about my friends at Lake Hartwell Chevrolet.  They’re a team of all-stars that won’t give you any curveballs from left field.  No, this downhome friendly staff consistently deals out hall-of-fame customer service, giving you the best savings on a great selection of Silverados, HD2500’s and SUVs.  And their service department leads the league with talent and customer satisfaction, keeping you completely on top of your game.
  So do what I did:  go with a winner.  Visit my friends at Lake Hartwell Chevrolet, Big A Road in Toccoa.  And tell them Coach _______ sent you!


***********************************************


Makes me want to go to a baseball game again.  Maybe we'll get to a Braves game this year!  Anyway, getting a lot done.  The new message is going to be super fun, although we won't see that one until July, I think.  It's good to get all this done ahead of time, of course.  I'll probably post a little bit of that later.  The "Tropical Freeze" theme is going to be really awesome.  


The walking continues - I'm just a day or two away from getting another badge for walking in Australia, and these have been pleasant journeys on the treadmill.  I have to pick up the energy a little though, and get back into jogging - I'm hoping to get in better shape for maybe a run on Castaway Cay.  We'll see!


Our fast continues too.  The three of us watched another episode of "The Chosen," the one that introduces Simon the Zealot.  And I've been meandering in the book of Genesis right now, discovering new things.  That Hillsdale course was fantastic.  



I removed my name from this certificate because it's really for Mom and I, who went through the whole thing and are ready to go on to the next course covering the book of "Exodus." 



Oh, and check this out.  Each day for the next few weeks I'm going to be updating some of these photos for these small frames.  Each one is to be hanging from a "family tree," so as you might suspect, each frame will have pictures of different family members.  First up is Maddie - I sent this picture to her today to show her what hers looks like.  Pretty nice!


Tonight we read from "The Shepherd's Crown" again, moving along with the story somewhat.  We'll keep going this month until we take a break from the Discworld.   It's been fun.


We said our prayers together tonight, and it was easy to go to sleep.  Busy day but nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment