Tuesday, January 16, 2024

A Cold Move

The day started out great with a visit to Hebron.  It was early today, and Maddie was delighted to know she wouldn't have to get up with me because there was NO SCHOOL today.  The precipitation was precipitous, which is to say there was a slight risk of it freezing and who needs that?  Well, I had to drive in it for one, because Hebron Christian Academy was open today. So I made the hour-long drive down there, and it was a great time for the students who were beginning their spiritual emphasis week.  KidPak will be hosting mornings there all week long, and my thought was that I'd be there all week to help out, but of course plans change pretty quickly, as you'll read about soon.






We revisited our "Storm Chasers" series, and we'll be there for the whole week with that one.  It's a great time down there!  I was taking pictures and joining in where I could. 

As soon as we were done, Ty and I went down to the children's hospital in Atlanta to visit Nia.  Today she would go home, but we were there in the morning and we spent a lot of time with Nia and her parents.  Everyone was upbeat, as there was a pretty good diagnosis, and a good path forward.  She was happy to see us, as were her grateful parents.  It's all going to be all right!

The weather was at 32 this morning when I was driving down there to Dacula.  But it would drop throughout the day, and tomorrow is supposed to be that "soul crushing" kind of cold where the temperatures feel like zero.  Literally the windchill is supposed to make things feel like zero.  Yikes!

We got back to the church after this, and everything sort of turned upside down.  Misunderstandings perhaps resulted in a lot of the props from church being put out into a hallway and ... well, Mom was pretty upset about the way all of it was handled.  And it was handled pretty lousy.

The end result is me vacating my office room so that I can make space for all these props and costumes, so yes, I currently don't have an office anymore.  We moved my desk and other items over to a place in the main KidPak area.  There is so much work to be done that this will be pretty much all we do all week.  Part of the process is moving a lot of other things to Braselton.  That'll be another day, one where we find the room they've set aside for Mom's stuff.  Hopefully it will be okay for her.

We were tired tonight.  We worked hard all day.  We watched "The Chosen," and then I think "Monk."  And then "Napoleon Dynamite," with only one episode to go here.  Time for bed.  We said our prayers, and got some shut eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment