Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Santa's Claws



Jingle Bell has joined the Weapon X program, as you can see above.  He's joined up with Wolverine... and Wolverine... on a mission to save Christmas!  

Madison had a science test today, one she felt she did pretty good on.  A Spanish quiz too.  Lots of tests and quizzes this week!  After school, she returned to something she hasn't been to in a while:  Live to Give.  She really enjoyed it!  In fact, she's going to be back tomorrow morning at 8am at the school to help out some more!

I raced home to get her from that, and then take her off to piano.  I have been Madison's personal chauffeur for quite a few years like this, transporting her from one thing to the other.  Tonight's piano went well, although she's now tasked with - gasp - using the foot pedals when playing her piano recital.  She'll be working on that a bit more in the coming week, I'm sure.  The piano recital will be here before you know it.

The plan was to do something Christmas-like tonight, at least watching a movie or putting up the wreathes.  But my doctor's appointment didn't go so well in one regard this morning.  I'm having a colonoscopy coming up, and that's completely routine.  Which is to say there's no symptom that's making me need such a procedure.  However, every doctor's visit has a blood pressure test, and my blood pressure has increased to 171 over 105.  It was alarming to say the least.  I'm revisiting a doctor tomorrow, but much of the day was spent in my office with the doors shut, and just quietly getting a few things done.  I finished my 63rd series binder yesterday, completing the wall behind me in the office.  That's a big deal, as it has taken about two years to completely collect all the material from all the series we've done at KidPak.  We've done a few more than 63, but that's what fits on the shelves currently.  I have one or two more to go, and then I'll be done completely there, which is great. It's basically my life's work, which is rather blunt, but within about seventy or so series, there are written messages, skits, videos, games, devotionals and more.  I'm somewhat proud of all of this - it's taken a while to get here, but here we are.

Tonight, Nana and Mom were watching "Evan Almighty."  I was just upstairs, resting my eyes.  We went to bed super early tonight, given my status.  I had time to read to Madison, and tuck her in.  We prayed together.  Nana was crying again, but this time it was, "Dear God, please don't take David."

I rather like that particular prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment