Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Return to Candy Land


Tonight we revisited Candy Land, this time a newer version that Madison got for Christmas. Just looking at the board game, it is refreshing to see that there's nothing politically correct about it: no low calorie food products to be seen, no fruit, no vegetables. In fact, there isn't one healthy thing on that board. I'm surprised no consumer watchdog group has complained about this one. But oh my, doesn't it all look delicious!

Madison did pretty good with the colors, and matching them up tonight. It was only her second attempt at the board game. We might try it again tomorrow, because I think she's getting the hang of it.

Tomorrow's the big day - we're still hanging on to a forecast of snow for the evening, so on that count we're looking forward to a chance to dress up as warmly as possible in order to go out and enjoy the snow with Madison.

Tonight at bedtime, she held my hand for quite sometime. She didn't want me to leave the nursery... so I didn't. I thought she'd drift off to sleep rather quickly, but she didn't. So we sat there in the dark, holding hands. It lasted quite some time before Daddy wished her a goodnight. A simple little memory, but a sweet one.

Daddy will have a good night's rest too. Fun day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment