Monday, September 7, 2026

Labor Day

We didn't do much today - I power washed a good bit of the driveway and all of the sidewalk, and Mom was busy inside battling the washing machine.  That's been an ongoing struggle - we just replaced a large part inside the washing machine, as before it was stomping, thrashing and whomping around the room on it's own, off balance and having a little washing machine party in there.  We replaced the part, and now the party is more subdued, but clearly we need a new washing machine.  They don't grow on trees though!


We had plans to do things this weekend, and in fact there was an invitation or two, but we needed rest today, and opted to stay home and get some decorations out and get things cleaned up.  The weather was wonderfully pleasant outside all day.  Maddie and I played a few rounds of Luigi's Mansion, and I remembered how I'm not good at video games anymore (let alone anything else!).  After that, we watched a seasonal movie, Maddie's choice:  "Ghostbusters."  Now we'll be watching the other Ghostbusters movies, at least most of them.  I remember the first time I saw Ghostbusters - it was in New Jersey, actually. 



Here we are as Ghostbusters, because AI is in the early stages here and it's still fun to use for things like this.  I remember playing the Ghostbusters game on the Commodore 64...



This image brings back so many memories.  It's not my Commodore 64, but it is all the same stuff I had when I was younger.  Basically it was this computer, but I don't remember using it for anything but video games.  Super limited programming practice - I remember creating a few programs on it that were very elementary, some involving created sprites and everything.  But mostly it was for games like this one.


Anyway, back to Ghostbusting.  Hopefully this year I'll be able to have time to do that unofficial "Ghostbusters III," the video game that features the last appearance - on this side - of Egon Spengler.  It's the last time we hear all four voices of the team together, and it's an older game that I never got around to - but I've always wanted to, and we're big Ghostbusting fans of course.  We've got two other Ghostbuster games that are multi-layer types and are pretty fun too, so that just might be a little fun this season.


Okay, moving on!  We had a decent day today, relaxing and quiet.  Cool weather out there.  The Braves lost, but it was a close game against the Phillies and our pitcher did a really great job.  So did theirs, of course.



We read from "Soul Music" tonight, and DEATH is now riding a motorcycle, a clear reference to an old Meat Loaf album cover, or perhaps Ghost Rider, but it's fun nonetheless.  He's got some catching up to do in order to save the day, but there aren't many pages left, so I suspect he'll get there soon.  It's been fun.


After reading, we said our prayers, and tucked in the Plush Entourage for a good night's rest.  It was a nice holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment