Sunday, February 21, 2021

Elevating


KidPak was fun this morning, still rolling along with a fantastic cast and just the best time.  We had a message about "getting a grip," or in Biblical terms, "holding on to our faith."  It went well with mountain climbing, and here we are suddenly at the end of this series.  We have one more service to go, but still, we've flown through "Elevate" once again.  The great thing about this time with "Elevate" is that I got two "bucket list" videos done during it, one of them being the rock climbing wall video.  I was wanting to do something goofy like that since somewhere around 2006, when we first did "Elevate."  I believe we've done the series four times now, which is amazing.  This time, the ongoing drama has been quite a bit different, but we've made it work.


Maddie was at the first service in the main sanctuary, and then down serving at KidPak for the following service.  Meanwhile, Nana and Mom were doing the opposite, down at KidPak first, and then up at the main sanctuary.  It was a good service up top, and in fact it set up a prayer service at 5pm today for the upcoming youth services, something I've been working on a bit the last few weeks.


We got home and ate a pretty big meal that Mom cooked up for us, and then it was time for some rest.  I was really zonked!  Madison was studying social studies, and we were reading some too.  I've been starting up the book "Wintersmith," and yes, that's another Discworld book.  I've got them all lined up pretty much for the rest of the year, thanks to Mom.  She got me a lot of Discworld books for Christmas, and by my estimates, I'll be reading them until this fall, or even until next Christmas!


We did go to that prayer service tonight, although it was just Madison and myself.  Maddie sat with Camille and another friend Jade, and they sat up closer than I did.  This was for the youth, so a good number of her friends were there from her small group, and so I sat towards the back with Josh and his sister Amy.  It was a good night, and it was great to see so many people show up, all hungry for something new.


We got home, and Madison had some more studying to do, so the rest of us were watching old episodes of "The Muppet Show" and this other cooking show called "Be Our Chef" which has been pretty entertaining.  We went to bed earlier, this after reading some more from "Black Spires," which hasn't gone anywhere so much with the plot, but it's held our attention pretty well thus far, so we're still with it.  After prayers, we were off to sleep pretty quickly.  I'm sleeping much better lately, but this is due to some medication that I'm taking.  It's just that I wake up so easily each time Nana awakes in the night, and that sort of keeps me up a lot.  With the medication, that helps tremendously, so I can sleep through the night.  That's helped with the blood pressure too, although I haven't been able to walk at all this week.  I'll have to start that up again tomorrow.  First, a good night's sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment