Monday, August 28, 2023

Carmella Creeper


New Monster Cereal alert!  I know you’ve been anxious to hear about this year’s Monster Cereal collection.  The news from Oakwood’s Wal-mart is that this year we have a NEW Monster Cereal, the first new character in 35 years: Carmella Creeper!  She’s apparently a long-lost cousin of Frankenberry, and she’s a hip-hopper zombie representing a new flavor of cereal, caramel apple.  I now have ALL FOUR of these in my pantry, enough cereal to keep me busy until the end of October.  That’s right folks, I don’t mess around.


I’m not entirely sure how I feel about a younger, hipper sort of cereal mascot.  But as she’s part of the family, we’ll welcome her in.  My breakfast for tomorrow morning is set though!  Here’s hoping Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy return for next year’s season.  Until then, Seasons Eatings!


You'll notice my Kaws Monster Cereal figures there as well, their first time out of the bag.  I thought briefly about keeping them inside the bag for collector purposes and whatever, and then I was like, "What fun is that?"  So yeah, I opened them up tonight and they're ready for some sort of very small display somewhere when the season gets going.


Anyway, today it rained.  Actually, it rained a lot last night and was pretty loud - Mom and I didn't sleep as much because of the frequent thunder claps and noise throughout the night.  And then it came back later on tonight again, once again repeating the pattern throughout the evening.  There's a hurricane strengthening in the Gulf of Mexico somewhere, and that's troubling for a lot of folks in Florida.  It may bring us some more rain in the very near future, but we'll avoid the direct strike, I believe.


Maddie had some homework tonight in ELA about creating a story somewhat what the early Native Americans came up with to explain why animals are this way or that.  She had to write about a deer and one of the characteristics of deer - being timid and careful.  On the way home from taekwondo, we were brainstorming some creative ideas behind that, and I'm anxious to see what she came up with.


Taekwondo was fun, a longer session because of the leader's segment afterwards.  The class is really growing, and that's great to see.  Not as much room though!  Maddie was learning to break some wrist holds, delivering an elbow to an opponent's face afterwards.  



Yep, just like Rex Kwon Do!  Anyway, we got home after class and Maddie spent some time on her homework, and then afterwards we were watching yet another few episodes of "Monk," just roaring through season two.  Maddie's always ready to watch another episode right after one just ended.  


We read tonight, and we said our prayers.  It's been a good day though.  The temperature has been cooler, which is to say mid-eighties versus the high nineties.  That sort of temperature seems warm, but when we've been nearly acclimated to high nineties, it seems quite nice.  Mom and I were at Cracker Barrel today for a nice meal together, and then one of the last remaining Hallmark stores in the area after that.  We stopped by the grocery store to get a lot of supplies, including things for Maddie's upcoming camp.  And then for me it was off to the car line, where the outside temperature wasn't as threatening in that parking lot, and I got to continue this latest Terry Pratchett book that I've been reading there.


Tonight we were saying our prayers and off to sleep.  The Braves crushed the Rockies and are something like twenty games away from clenching the playoffs, Monster Cereal is in our pantry, and a hurricane is on its way in the Gulf.  Signs of fall are here!  


No comments:

Post a Comment