Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Blues


Madison is seen here in this photo, ready to play the blues. She does the harmonica well - at least when compared to Daddy. Which sadly isn't saying much. The most important thing is that she's got soul. You could say she's got a briefcase full of blues.

There is a problem though - she doesn't exactly have anything to be blue about today. This in itself is causing her the blues. Perhaps she could sing a new blues song about not having the blues!

"The Nothin' To Be Blue About Blues"

I woke up this morning,
and I watched some "Blues Clue's."
Said I woke up this morning,
and I watched some old "Blues Clue's."
That's the only thing that's blue today
'cause I've got them "Nothin' To Be Blue About Blues!"

I ate me some breakfast,
with plenty of fruit there to choose.
My Momma dressed me so nicely
From my head down to my shoes.
I'm in such a great mood today...
I've got them "Nothin' To Be Blue About Blues!"

(guitar solo)

Daddy and I had fun today -
We jump on the couch like kangaroos!
If you're looking for some toys and stuff,
I tell ya' - I got more than I can use.
There's absolutely nothing wrong today...
I've got them "Nothin' To Be Blue About Blues!"


Yes, I know. It's a work in progress.


********

"Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues."
- Albert Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment