Friday, November 19, 2010

Off to the Drive In...


Madison has been driving about the office today, as Mommy went to a production meeting for the upcoming Christmas play. She's really been into this car. In fact, for lunch, Daddy and a few of his coworkers went into the auditorium next door to engage in the annual tradition: the watching of "Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas."
We put it up on the big screen in the auditorium and brought food in there to munch on. And there was Madison, driving her car in to watch the big screen - just like at a drive in movie. She sat there inside her car and watched the California Raisins and others do their yearly Christmas thing, and everyone enjoyed it. It was fun, and now that I think of it, that was Madison's first exposure to the California Raisins. Now there was an odd fad in the 80's. Daddy still has all the California Raisins - he'll have to show them to Madison some time. They gave them away at Hardees, one week at a time, and when I was much younger, I found myself eating too much fast food just so I can get all the California Raisins. I think I have ten of them - and one year, we even found their Christmas CD at Goodwill. My coworkers were delighted at that find: we all play "Christmas with the California Raisins" as we type away in the office.

Anyway, she's having a good time here. You could say we're raisin her well...

No comments:

Post a Comment