Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wish Book

MADISON'S BOOK CLUB


Madison was checking out the Toys R' Us catalogue, doing a little Christmas dreaming in the kitchen. She'd point at different things and get our attention for each one. Yes, she's dressed up as a flapper as she does this. It's important to appear stylish as you do your browsing through catalogues.

Of course, this launched Mommy and Daddy on a discussion about the Sears catalogue, which we found ourselves looking through each year growing up. I think for many families, the Sears Wish Book was the official start of the Christmas season. Look at those kids on the cover of the Wish Book from 1976 - they're roughly Daddy's age now. I remember seeing all the Atari 2600 stuff and Star Wars action figures inside. In fact, I think I still have some exclusive Star Wars stuff from that catalogue that may be worth some money. Anyway, we haven't seen a Sears catalogue in years, so Daddy is going to pick one up as soon as they get in this year. Yes, you can see it online. But just for nostalgia, I think I'll go by and pick one up to look at.

But I'm not going to dress up as a flapper as I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment