This afternoon we went to a funeral for a friend, who left us all too early. It was a hard thing, but I was glad to be there and show support. It was also somewhat of a reunion of old friends from KidPak!
I already wrote a few words about Rex on an earlier entry here, but he was a force of positivity and light, and will be greatly, greatly missed. He was a legend.
Here's a quick update about the lettuce in the hydroponic garden we have set up. It's doing well, although the arugula never really took off. We had to add some water to the levels there in the container, but these leaves keep growing, and I think we'll have ourselves a salad soon enough, one with tomatoes from outside, and maybe some peppers too.
Yikes, check this out. It's a massive hornet's nest on the very highest part of our house. It's huge. We know someone with the church that has a business taking care of these, so he'll be over here soon enough. It's so high up that it's not a threat to us at the moment, but it's still quite menacing up there.
Tonight we watched "National Treasure," because it's that season around here. What a great movie! No Braves game, but we saw Benjamin Gates and company find the ultimate treasure beneath Wall Street. Or somewhere around there. Anyway, it's a fun movie and we'll be off to Mount Rushmore with the sequel shortly.
Speaking of which, I'm still marching along towards Mount Rushmore, at least virtually. Got to keep the exercise up at least. I'm struggling with the blood pressure, but that helps out tremendously.
Before bed, we read a bit more from our soccer-themed Discworld novel, and that's been fun to read. After that, prayers - and an attempt at some sleep.





No comments:
Post a Comment