Thursday, September 21, 2023

Monster Blood


This has been a fun reading season!  Up until recently I've never read a R.L. Stine book, and yes, they're for middle schoolers largely.  But they're fun and seasonal, and when I got that hardcover collection of stories, I snatched them up with the idea that once a year I'd read one collection at a time.  So the first year was of course all about "Night of the Living Dummy."  Last year was the camp stories.  This year has been "Monster Blood," which after watching the two movies I see that there are references to "Monster Blood" in both movies.  Each story fairly simple and fun, and I've just enjoyed middle school reading here - we'll probably head back to read more from Discworld after this.  Maddie and I are already reading about Tiffany Aching and the Wee Free Men each night, so we're certainly getting in a lot of Terry Pratchett.  It's been great!


Maddie had a forensics test today, and that went well.  She's doing pretty good in most of her classes - this morning we were sure to have the money ready for her to pick up a Chick-Fil-A breakfast sandwich.  Each Thursday we get there in the drop off line, and I completely forget about that.  In my defense, so does Maddie!  But we've been remembering lately, and Maddie's gotten herself a sandwich.


We've also remembered to go get some boba tea today.  We still had some money left on that gift card, so we were able to drop by and pick up some of that, a treat we don't do quite as much as we used to, but still delicious!  Maddie had her taekwondo tonight, so she burned those calories off pretty quick.  I'm burning calories too.  The treadmill is on the way, but I've been walking outside right now through the woods by the martial arts studio, and also walking right there at Lanierland Park.  That's a nice trail there.


We closed out the day with our reading, and with prayer too.  And an episode or two of "Monk," which Maddie is now thoroughly addicted to.  We started that out because of the forensics class, and she's hooked!


No comments:

Post a Comment