Friday, February 25, 2011

Button Eyes

Mommy spent the day with Madison today, the two having a marvelous day together. One of Madison's new fascinations is the Etch-A-Sketch. Nothing she's been drawing out looks like this, but she is getting creative with her twists and turns.

"Mommy!" she'll call out. And each time Mommy comes, there's a new design that looked sort of Aztec or something. She'd do shapes too: once, there was a square, and then even stair steps. mommy showed her how to do the squiggly lines, and soon she was doing all sorts of abstract designs.

Another playtime activity involves Play-Doh. Madison loves to press and make shapes with her colored Play-Doh - today, she pressed some cutters down into the Play-Doh to make two flat circles. Once done, she put them up over her eyes. Mommy said it reminded her of "Coraline!"


This generally creeped Mommy out. And on that note, I certainly will not be posting here a picture of Madison with buttons for eyes.

I think that's why we returned to the Etch-A-Sketch!

Tech Support for your Etch-A-Sketch

Q: My Etch-A-Sketch has a distorted display.
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: My Etch-A-Sketch has all of these funny little lines all over the screen.
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: How do I turn my Etch-A-Sketch off?
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: What's the shortcut for Undo?
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: How do I create an empty New Document window?
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: How do I Exit without Saving?
A: Pick it up and shake it.


Q: How do I set the background and foreground to the same color?
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: What is the proper procedure for rebooting my Etch-A-Sketch?
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: How do I delete a document on my Etch-A-Sketch?
A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: How do I keep from losing my Etch-A-Sketch documents in the middle of my work?

A: Stop shaking it.


No comments:

Post a Comment