Thursday, August 6, 2009

Go!



Stop!  Go!  Stop!  Go!  I wonder how many other parents have fallen prey to the "stop, go" game?    It was a little over a year ago and I was reading to her a book of opposites.  Later on, I was trying to demonstrate one set of those opposites.  I said "stop" while pushing her in the shopping cart - and then I'd stop.  Then I said, "go," and of course I went.  She caught on pretty quick!

These were some of her first words.  "Stop!  Go!"  

We all have to stop when she tells us - and then we go when she tells us "go!"  This is everyone, including her grandparents.  

Of course, when climbing on daddy's back, this sort of command works pretty well too.  Today, she insisted that I give her a ride, but also made sure we were both properly dressed with fairy wings as well.

Later today, we had a nice walk with the grandparents (Daddy's parents) down to the lake. Madison likes to ride in the stroller down to the park, picking up sticks and pine cones.  And of course occasionally yelling out, "Stop!  Go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment